MPs of all parties from up and down the country have lined up to
back The Clean Energy Switch and its aim to bring down energy bills
whilst protecting the planet.
Such support across the political spectrum is testament to our constructive and positive approach. Together we can help people save the environment and save money.
This list is updated on a rolling basis:
- Peter Aldous (Conservative - Waveney)
- Roberta Blackman-Woods (Labour - City of Durham)
- Alan Brown (SNP - Kilmarnock and Loudoun)
- Ronnie Cowan (SNP - Inverclyde)
- Ronnie Cowan MP (@ronniecowan) September 10, 2015
- Check @BigDealEnergy for ways to switch to clean energy. For more info visit - http://t.co/12cTb4T6SO #CleanEnergySwitch
- Tim Farron (Leader, Lib Dems - Westmorland and Lonsdale)
- "The number of people signing up clearly shows the wealth of support behind clean, green, affordable energy. This should be a wake-up call to the Big 6 and to the Government who must now recognise that green energy is popular, and does not cost the earth."
- Roger Godsiff (Labour - Birmingham Hall Green)
- Zac Goldsmith (Conservative - Richmond Park)
- "It's hugely impressive that so many have signed up in such a short period of time. It means 100,000 people want to go clean, help the environment and save money. The Clean Energy Switch sends a powerful message to Government and the industry that there is huge public demand for cleaner energy."
- Drew Hendry (SNP - Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey)
- Angus MacNeil (SNP - Na h-Eileanan an Iar)
- "100,000 people signing up to The Clean Energy Switch is a big success for people power. It seems that huge swathes of the public want to back renewables and go clean. Their collective bargaining power has now led to a great deal. People can now go green, fight climate change and save money at the same time if they so choose."
- Callum McCaig (Spokesperson Energy and Climate Change, SNP - Aberdeen South)
- Dr Dan Poulter (Conservative - Central Suffolk & North Ipswich)
- Jonathan Reynolds (Shadow Minister for Energy and Climate Change, Labour Co-op - Stalybridge and Hyde)
Amber Rudd (Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change - Hastings and Rye)
"The power of consumers getting together and negotiating a better deal that works for them is clear. Initiatives like the Clean Energy Switch will help transform how customers buy their energy in the UK. "
Paula Sherriff (Labour - Dewsbury, Mirfield, Denby Dale and Kirkburton)
Anna Turley (Labour Co-op - Redcar)
Andrew Cooper (Green, Energy Spokesperson - Councillor Kirklees Council)
A positive project The Big Deal to get clean renewable energy at affordable prices by using collective buying power https://t.co/JbQJsi3ocz- Andrew Cooper (@clrandrewcooper) September 9, 2015